We are excited to announce that we are converting to a new core banking system starting on May 28th, 2021 through June 2nd, 2021. We decided to change our core system so we may continue to provide you with safe, secure products and services all while utilizing the newest technology.
While our core conversion will mostly be happening behind the scenes, there will be times where it will affect some of the services you may use. We will keep you up-to-date on when and what will be affected so that you will be prepared. We also want to provide you with more information on what a core conversion is and why we are doing it.
Core Conversion FAQs
Q: What is a core processing system?
A: Our core processing system, also known as a core system, is the software that manages our major banking functions. These functions include:
- Opening and managing accounts
- Originating and serving loans
- Processing cash deposits and withdrawals
- Maintaining account holder information
- Processing transactions
- And more
Q: Why is City-County Employees Credit Union upgrading its core system?
A: In an effort to improve our services, efficiency, and accommodate growth, we are upgrading our core system. Our new core system will allow us to offer you more capabilities, offerings, and enhance your experience with us.
Q: Will I have access to my funds during the conversion?
A: The Credit Union will not be able to process transactions after closing at 6:00 PM on May 28th, 2021 until we open at Noon on June 2nd, 2021. You will still have access to your funds with your debit card as we have put measures in place to ensure there is little impact to you during this time.
Q: Will business hours change during the core conversion process?
- Monday, May 31st, 2021 – Memorial Day Holiday, Credit Union will be closed.
- Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 – Credit Union closed for system upgrade.
- Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021 – Credit Union will open at 12:00 PM with our new system.
Safety and Security FAQs
Q: Will my account and financial information stay secure during the core conversion process?
A: Yes, keeping your information secure and private is a top priority for us. The core conversion process will not compromise your safety or the safety of your information in any way.
Q: Will my funds be safe and secure?
A: Your funds will remain safe and secure. All accounts are fully insured by NCUA for up to $250,000.
Q: Will I have access to my funds during the conversion?
- May 28th, 2021 – Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Telephone Banking will be disabled starting at 5:00 PM EST. Debit cards will still be accessible.
- May 29th, 2021 – Weekend, Closed. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Telephone Banking will be disabled.
- May 30th, 2021 – Weekend, Closed. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Telephone Banking will be disabled.
- May 31st, 2021 – Memorial Day Holiday, Credit Union will be closed. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Telephone Banking will be disabled.
- June 1st, 2021 – Credit Union closed for system upgrade. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Telephone Banking will be disabled.
- June 2nd, 2021 – Credit Union will open at 12:00 PM with our new system. Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Telephone Banking will be accessible again.
Q: Will my account number and checking account number change?
A: Your member number and checking number will not be affected. The Savings account trailer “00” will change to “01” however this will not impact your services or any deposits or automatic payments that you currently have set up.
Q: What services will not be affected by the core conversion process?
A: The following services will function normally during our conversion process:
- Debit Cards – there may be a slight impact but we are taking measures to ensure you can still transact as normal.
- Credit Cards – No impact.
Benefits and Changes FAQs
Q: How will the new core benefit me as a member?
A: With our new core, we will operate more efficiently and be able to provide you with more services. After June 2nd, 2021 we will have several improved or new services available to you. These include:
- Enhanced electronic documentation to help improve our capabilities and be more efficient.
- Better integrations with other systems to help decrease or eliminate system issues we have had in the past.
- Enhanced online and mobile banking capabilities.
- Enhanced loan systems to help better serve our members.
Q: What will change after the core conversion?
- Online Banking will have a new look! Your login information will not change. There will be more information available to view online.
- Online loan applications will be able to be processed quicker to better serve members.
- We will be able to offer better products and services that we currently haven’t been able to.
Q: Do I need to do anything to prepare for the core conversion?
A: While most of the core conversion process will take place behind the scenes, there are a few things you can do. We recommend:
- Taking note of when the conversion is taking place. We will keep you informed throughout the whole process via letters, social media, and on our website.
- Adjusting your recurring Online Bill Pay payments before May 28th, 2021 (since Online Bill Pay will be affected by the conversion).
- Making a small withdrawal from the branch or an ATM to make sure you have some cash on hand (since there will be some system limitations during this time).
- Download your e-statements. All of your transaction history will no longer be available after the core conversion. We recommend printing a year’s worth of statements for your records.
We are looking forward to the new changes, and we hope you are too. If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact us at 727-442-7746, visit our website at www.ccecu.org and “Like” us on Facebook. We will be available Monday – Thursday: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM and Friday: 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. You may also come into our branch. Our staff has been trained and is prepared to answer any questions you may have.